Friday, November 10, 2006

I Need Some Sleep

It's impossible. I know most of my posts are really late night but it's gettin ridiculous at this stage. I love my sleep, but I can't get any.

I need some sleep,
I can't go on like this.
I've tried counting sheep,
But there's one I always miss.
Everyone says I'm getting down too low
Everyone says I've just got to let it go
Just got to let it go
Just got to let it go

What a legend of a song...

I think I should get back into writing poetry. It made me feel better than this blogging stuff, which I must admit is mildly amusing in many respects. I can't stop raving. It's a serious problem.

For example, Gary today mentioned people acting like children. I went on a long rant about how much of a big child I was. He then told me I'd get on great with his sister, who's in her 20s and still likes cartoons. I then spent a good ten minutes ranting about my love of cartoons. Then Gary said that it isn't just the old cartoons his sister likes, it's the new one too, the Japanese ones. I then spent the next ten minutes outlining the finer points of "Yu-Gi-Oh!".

It's things like that which define me, and equally those things upon which people form opinions of me. And when I'm ranting I'm not really thinking. Which I suppose is a good thing. But I should reserve it for people who know me better. No I shouldn't. People will know me faster if I rave the whole time. It's like being drunk and emotional but not. It's like a cascade of feeling about things. Don't get me started now. I'll be up all night. Oh who'm I kidding? I'll be up all night anyway.

No comments: